God has given us an open door!
We are so very excited for the opportunity God has given us to lease the Birdsboro Elementary Center at 400 W. Second Street in Birdsboro. This is an open door that we are walking through since we believe God is preparing us to reach more people with the hope of Jesus Christ! You may have questions about all of this. Pastor Devin answers the following questions in the video below:
Where is church going to be held? When will we move? (1.09)
Why do we need a new space? (1.37)
Will we have to tear down and set up each week? (2.16)
What is the leadership most excited about? (2.40)
If you haven’t seen the video, check it out!
Why the name “Life Center”?
After prayer and consideration, we are going to call this new location the “Life Center”. “Life” because it’s a part of our church’s name, and we know that Jesus came to give life, (real, abundant, fresh). “Center” because the building used to be called “Birdsboro Elementary Center”. We are so thankful that we will still be in the heart of downtown Birdsboro and are praying that this building will continue to give life to many!
Want to see more of the inside? Click on the video below!
Be a part of the transformation team!
There are a lot of renovations to be done to transform this school building into a church and outreach center. We are expecting to take the next six months to clean, paint, install new flooring and decorate. We cannot do this alone. Would you consider being a part of our transformation team?
There are three ways to be a part of our transformation team…
1-PRAY for the Life Center Project
We understand that nothing can be done without God’s help! We also understand that renovating a building is not the end goal. Touching lives with the hope and freedom of Jesus Christ is the goal. Consider these words of Jesus in John 4:34-35
“My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.”
We want to pray now for God to prepare us for the spiritual harvest that is to come! Here are two ways you can join us in praying:
- Come pray with us on Sunday evenings from 6-7pm at the “Life Center” (Birdsboro Elementary Center).
- Sign up to receive a weekly email update with specific prayer requests for the Life Center project, and commit to pray daily for this transformation process.
2-GIVE to the Life Center Project
We have set a budget of $200,000 to renovate the school building. We only need to raise $60,000 more to meet that budget goal. The renovation budget will cover what is needed to create a worship center in the gym, remodel the kids and youth rooms, prepare the parking lot, and add outdoor awnings. All of these improvements will help make the environment safe and welcoming for guests.
We are looking for people to be part of the transformation team by committing to give (above your normal tithe) toward this project for the next six months. You can give any one time gift, or give monthly over six months.
We need people, with God’s help, to commit to giving:
- $150 ($25 a month for 6 months)
- $300 ($50 a month for 6 months)
- $600 ($100 a month for 6 months)
- $900 ($150 a month for 6 months)
- $1,800 ($300 a month for 6 months)
- $3,000 ($500 a month for 6 months)
- $6,000 ($1,000 a month for 6 months)
- Or any other amount you would like to give!
3-SERVE in the renovations for the Life Center Project
We are creating many opportunities for people to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand with the renovations! Here are two ways you can help serve:
- You can sign up to be part of the renovation team. We will be organizing weekly and biweekly work days for those who are available to come and help.
- Can you use a paint roller? There are 20 walls in our five different classrooms. We are looking to for people who are willing to paint one wall. We want to form teams of 3 people (or one family) who will be responsible for painting one wall! This will help the work to go quickly, and encourage team work and unity! We are praying for 60 people to sign up (to be a part of a team of three) so that we can get 20 walls painted! We will organize four different paint days, of which you would only need to come for one day.